- Free Fatty Acid: 5% max
- Moisture and Impurities: 2% max
- Saponification: 185-200 mg KOH/g
- Iodine Value: 75-100
- Titer C (melting point) : 23-28 C min.
UCO (Used Cooking Oil) is a composition of different mixtures of oils which are discarded from the industrial deep fryers. This undergoes intense dewatering and filtration from sludge. Oil such as Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Palm Olein, Soybean oil are discarded and can be repurposed for use as an alternative fuel for diesel engines and for heating oil burners. For engines designed to burn diesel fuel, the viscosity of vegetable oil must be lowered to allow for proper atomization of the fuel, otherwise incomplete combustion and carbon build up will ultimately damage the engine.
Grades of UCO:
- In 20 feet containers packed in flexi tanks of capacity appx. 21 metric tons each. Basis of shipment in containers can be CIF destination or FOC as required.
- In bulk shipment of 1,500 to 5,000 metric tons per shipment directly from shore tanks available for loading at port. Basis of bulk shipment will be FOB only.